Oil Filter FAQs
Yes. All Royal Purple Extended Life Oil Filters are compatible with conventional, synthetic and synthetic-blend motor oils.
Royal Purple engine oil filters meet or exceed original equipment manufacturers’ requirements. The appropriate Royal Purple oil filter will not jeopardize new car warranty coverage.
Royal Purple engine oil filters are good for the life of the engine oil, when used with Royal Purple engine oils. For vehicles under warranty, the engine oil and filter should be changed according to the recommendations in the vehicle owner’s manual. For vehicles outside the OEM warranty see the guidelines below.
If used with Royal Purple API-licensed synthetic motor oils, we recommend up to 12,000 miles (20,000 km) or 12 months, whichever comes first. If used with Royal Purple HMX, HPS, or XPR synthetic engine oils, we recommend up to 15,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first.
Diesel pick-up trucks and passenger cars that take 10 or more quarts of engine oil:
Drain and oil filter change intervals can be extended up to 15,000 miles (24,000 km) or 12 months, whichever occurs first using Royal Purple SAE 15W-40 or HPS engine oils.
Diesel fuel passenger cars, light trucks and vans that take less than 10 quarts of engine oil:
Drain and oil filter change intervals can be extended up to 12,000 miles (20,000 km) or 12 months, whichever occurs first, using Royal Purple SAE 15W-40. An extended interval of up to 15,000 miles (24,000 km) or 12 months, whichever occurs first, is recommended when using Royal Purple HPS oils.
The extended drain intervals apply to primarily street-driven, mechanically sound vehicles that are in good mechanical operating condition. For guidelines specific to your vehicle, we recommend contacting the Royal Purple Automotive Technical Department.
Royal Purple offers only super-premium engine oil filters. The canisters are constructed from heavy gauge steel with a heavy-duty steel backplate to provide unmatched burst strength of 600 psi. The filter media is 100% synthetic micro-glass that provides the best filtration, oil flow and particulate capacity available. Simply put, Royal Purple oil filters are the best synthetic oil filters available on the market.
Features and Benefits:
- 100% synthetic micro-glass media for superior particle removal with 99% filtration efficiency.
- A high performance silicone anti-drain back valve that prevents dry starts, even in extreme conditions.
- An extra heavy-duty rubber base gasket that ensures a leak-free seal.
- Ultra-strength filter housing endures higher burst strength (600 psi) than any other filters.
Yes, the silicone anti-drain back valve prevents dry starts by eliminating oil drain-back during shutdown. Silicone outperforms and outlasts standard rubber in both extreme cold and hot oil temperatures.
100% wire-backed synthetic media provides superior filtration while keeping low flow restrictions.
Based on ISO 4548-12 multi-pass test methods the filter efficiencies are:
- 99% at 25 microns and larger
- 98.7% at 20 microns and larger
- 80% at 10 microns and larger
Average beta rating based on ISO 4548-12 multi-pass test methods:
- B100 = 25 (which means at 25 or greater micron; media is 99% efficient.)
- B75 = 20 (which means at 20 or greater micron; media is 98.7% efficient. Also considered absolute rating.)
- B5 = 10 (which means at 10 micron or greater; media is 80% efficient.)
Please contact the Royal Purple Automotive Technical Department for more details about Royal Purple Extended Life Oil Filters.