Royal Purple’s Max-Blast is a high-performance engine intake system cleaner that removes harmful intake valve deposits to restore engine performance and fuel economy. Max-Blast can be used with any type of fuel injection in both gasoline and diesel engines and is ideal for direct injection.
Max-Blast Performance Advantages
- Remove deposits from intake valves
- Concentrated PEA detergents
- Provides immediate clean-up
- Ideal for direct injection
- For gas or diesel injected engines
Recommended Treat Rate & Usage
1)With hot engine running at full operating temperature, spray directly into the throttle body. Can may be sprayed at any angle if it is difficult to reach.
2)If throttle body is unreachable, disassemble air intake system so you can reach and spray into intake system downstream of the MAF sensor.
3)CAUTION: Do not burn yourself on hot engine components.
4)CAUTION: Max-Blast is flammable. Avoid open flames and sparks.
5)Lift the straw and spray PAST the MAF sensor to avoid a code.
6)CAUTION: Spraying into the MAF sensor will cause an engine code.
7)With engine running at about 2,000 RPM, spray in short bursts of approximately 1-2 seconds each, until the can is empty.
8)You may need a helper to keep the engine RPM high enough to avoid stalling. Engines with heavy deposits may need to be revved higher than 2,000 RPM.
9)CAUTION: To avoid engine damage, do NOT rev past 3,500 RPM.
10)When can is empty, rev the engine a few times to 3,000 RPM.
11) Continue to run engine at idle for one minute, then shut it off.
12) Reassemble air intake system and let engine heat-soak for one hour.
13) Start engine and drive at highway speeds for 10-15 minutes.
14) For best results and total engine clean-up, add a can of Max-Clean to the tank immediately following cleanup with Max-Blast. 15) Repeat every 12,000 miles/12 months, or at every oil change.