2017 Royal Purple Big Race Sweepstakes Rules
Royal Purple Big Race Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 1st, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 7, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Royal Purple Big Race Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry, who visit the Royal Purple Website, as defined herein, during the Sweepstakes Period, excluding employees of Royal Purple, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its respective advertising agencies, subsidiaries, parent companies, distributors, dealers, divisions, agencies and affiliates (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate family members (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter or participate in this Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- How to Enter: You may enter by completing a Sweepstakes registration on Sponsor’s website (royalpurple.com) (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period, for which you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). All Entries must be completed and submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 7, 2017 to be eligible. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address, during the Sweepstakes Period. For no purchase necessary entries, please mail a completed entry form to Royal Purple, LLC 2780 Waterfront Pkwy E. Dr. Indianapolis, IN 46214, Attention: “Marketing.”
- For all Entries:In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used to submit the Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address at the time of Entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail addresses or other tactics to enter more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated Entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro, bot, commercial sweepstakes subscription, entering service sites or any other automated means and Entries by any means that subvert the Entry process will be void. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider may apply.
- Agreement to Official Rules and Decisions: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant (and, if deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, the minor and the minor’s parent or legal guardian) fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entrants, the selection of winners, and the awarding of the prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
- Random Drawing/Prize Notification: The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or around May 7, 2017. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor. The winner will be notified by email or mail. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All prize winners may be required to execute and return an address confirmation form via email within seven (7) days of notification attempt or prize may be forfeited. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection, time permitting. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and an alternate eligible entrant may be selected.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): One (1) Prize: Five total prizes are available. A trip to Indiana’s biggest race on May 28, 2017 including hotel and airfare at Sponsor’s discretion. The ARV of the Prize is approximately one thousand and nine hundred dollars ($1900). Additional prizes available are two (2) Royal Purple High Performance prize packs with an estimated ARV of $500 each. The final prizes available are two (2) cases of Royal Purple HPS, the ARV of the Prize is approximately sixty three dollars ($63) each. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the Prize become unavailable. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with prize not specified herein as being awarded. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable, and are not refundable. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions:No substitutions, cash redemptions or transfer of prizes except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should a prize become unavailable By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. All submitted Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By accepting a prize, winners consent to use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotion purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize, any and all costs of redemption and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. By accepting a prize, winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its directors, employees, or agents, have made or are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes shall constitute permission by each entrant for Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, or its agents, to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity (including but not limited to online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation (unless prohibited by law), notification or permission.
- Release:By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless the Promotion Entities, their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of or inability to use prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Limitations of Liability:The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information or late, mistranscribed, delayed or incomplete Entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of the Royal Purple Website; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the Entry process or this Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, or the announcement of winners; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE ROYAL PURPLE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Disputes:Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the State of Indiana, Marion County; entrant submits to the sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Indiana, Marion County, for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Indiana, United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Indiana.
- Winners List:To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Royal Purple, LLC, Attention: Legal Department / Royal Purple Big Race Sweepstakes, 2780 Waterfront Parkway E. Dr. Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46220. Requests for winners’ lists must be received no later than three (3) months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
- Sponsor:Royal Purple, LLC, 2780 Waterfront Parkway E. Dr. Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46214.