Outperformer Pledge for Chemical Additives
Limited Warranty for Vehicle Additives
Royal Purple formulates and markets automotive additives of the highest quality to ensure they meet and exceed the performance requirements for all applicable engine parts and automotive systems. For purposes of this Limited Warranty, additives are understood to include coolant additives, and fuel system additives. It does not include motor oil, transmission fluid products or other Royal Purple automotive system lubricants, which are warranted under Royal Purple’s Limited Warranty for Lubricant Products.
Terms and Conditions
Royal Purple warrants you, the purchasing consumer, that its additive products are free of defects, and that if a Royal Purple additive is shown to have caused damage to an engine, engine component, or automotive system, Royal Purple will replace the defective additive and pay for the reasonable cost of repair or replacement of the affected engine, engine component, or automotive system.
This Limited Warranty shall apply only under the following conditions:
- The additive was used in accordance with any Royal Purple product instructions;
- Vehicle has been reasonably maintained and maintenance has been performed within the OEM recommended schedule or the written instructions of Royal Purple;
- The vehicle has never been used for a commercial or agricultural purpose; and
- The vehicle has never been used in racing or competitive events.
Warranty Claim Process:
- Royal Purple must be notified of the potential claim within thirty (30) days of the date when such damage or failure is first detected.
- Where determined appropriate by Royal Purple, consumer must be prepared to provide a sample of the used additive (or fluid solution to which the product was added) in question from the failed or damaged vehicle for identification and analysis by Royal Purple. The minimum sample amount required is ten (10) fluid ounces.
- Royal Purple must be provided the right to review the maintenance records of the vehicle to establish that reasonable and OEM scheduled maintenance was performed on the vehicle.
- All damaged parts, including the engine, engine components, or automobile systems, must be kept and made available to Royal Purple. Upon request, Royal Purple must be allowed to inspect the vehicle and all damaged parts, engine, engine components, and automobile systems of the vehicle.
- You must cooperate with Royal Purple’s reasonable efforts to investigate your claim. Failure to cooperate will void this warranty.
This Limited Warranty Excludes:
- Conditions where a Royal Purple additive has been used with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by Royal Purple.
- Failure of engine, engine components, or automobile systems due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of Royal Purple additives.
- Repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wear and tear.
- Royal Purple additive products that were contaminated after leaving Royal Purple control. For example, contamination due to improper storage, handling, or dispensing of the additive.
- Failure of engine, engine components, or automobile system as a result of an OEM defect or a defect in any other non-Royal Purple product or component.
This Limited Warranty provided herein will be your exclusive and only remedy against Royal Purple. Royal Purple excludes and disclaims any and all implied warranties including but not limited to implied warranty oF fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability. You will not be able to recover incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or the full disclaimer of implied warranties, so the above limitation or exclusions may not apply to your state. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.